15 जून, 2021 को श्री अनिल कुमार अग्रवाल, नियंत्रक-राजस्थान विधिक माप विज्ञान विभाग द्वारा तौल मशीनों के निर्माण और सत्यापन के लिए नए कुछ निर्देश जारी किए। इलेक्ट्रॉनिक तौल मशीनों से संबंधित एक प्रवर्तन अभ्यास के दौरान, यह पाया गया कि कुछ निर्माताओं ने डिपस्विच को निष्क्रिय करने के लिए सीलिंग प्रावधान प्रदान नहीं किया जो कि मॉडल अनुमोदन के अनुसार अनिवार्य है। ऐसा भी पाया गया की डिपस्विच प्रावधान वाली मशीनों को नियमों के अनुसार सत्यापन के बाद ठीक से सील नहीं किया जा रहा था।
On 15th June, Mr Anil Kumar Agarwal, Controller – Rajasthan Legal Metrology Department issued new guidelines for manufacturing and verification of weighing machines. These guidelines were released as a result of an observation made during an enforcement exercise about electronic weighing machines. It was observed that some manufacturers did not provide the sealing provision and physical provision for disabling the dipswitch that is mandatory as per the model approval and also that the machines with dipswitch provision were not being sealed properly after verification as per the rules.
As per the notice released by the legal metrology department of Rajasthan, here are the guidelines –
- The respective legal metrology officers should ensure that manufacturers of weight or measures within their jurisdiction manufactures electronic weighing machines as per the model approval and to prevent unauthorized outside calibration, physical provision for dipswitch along with sealing provision shall be made available. The manufacturer shall be liable for first verification and to prevent unauthorized calibration after verification, the electronic weighing machines available at the manufacturer premises shall be sealed as per the model approval after disabling/ switching off the dips switch.
- The manufacturer or dealer who installs the in-situ weight or measures on behalf of the manufacturer shall be liable for the first verification of in-situ items. The respective legal metrology officer during the first verification of the in-situ electronic weighing machines shall ensure proper sealing as per the model approval after switching off/ disabling the dipswitch. For weighbridges, the wire from the load cell and IT display are to be connected at the junction box which is to be sealed after calibration. The connection wires in the IT display should be soldered instead of the pin system. All the wires and connections shall be intact and any cut in wire and pin system shall be considered as tempering.
- The respective legal metrology officer cell ensures that the electronic weighing machines available at the level of the manufacturer and dealer are being manufactured as per the model approval and machine specification is marked in the proper place. In addition to this, no display of unit other than the metrological specifications approved in the model shall be made and no facility of dual-mode shall be made available so that there doesn’t arise the possibility of manipulations.
- The dealer of weight or measure shall keep in stock verified weight or measure received from the manufacturer and shall be liable for re-verification of weight or measure available in stock. The dealer shall inform the Legal Metrology Cell in case of import or procuring weights or measure from outside the Rajasthan state.
- During re-verification of electronic weighing machines available at the trader’s premises, the machines with the physical provisions of the dip switch and sealing facility shall be sealed as per rules after switching off / disabling the dip switch. However in case of the absence of, the physical provision of the dip switch, it shall be ensured during re-verification that as per the provisions of the Legal Metrology (General) rules 2011, the machine is sealed after taking all possible measures to prevent/ disabled external unauthorized calibration.
- Weights or measures which are used by the industries for their internal use and which do not affect the quantity delivered to the consumers or are not used in any transaction or for protection shall be listed out separately along with their serial number and communicated to the Legal Metrology Cell, Jaipur.
- The manufacturer/ dealer during the sale of weight or measure shall mention in the bill user’s name, address, SSO ID, contact details; model approval number, the intended use of the weight or measure (domestic/ transaction/ protection). Further, the User shall be informed about re-verification periodicity and procedure through the ‘e-tulaman’ application.