Loss-In-Weight Closed Loop Rate Control
Hardy’s HI 4060 is a compact, single-feeder, closed-loop rate controller for use in a variety of applications, including auger, belt and vibratory-based feeders, converting them from volumetric to gravimetric.
After supplying excitation to the load sensors and digitizing the weight signal, the rate controller provides an analog output to control the feeder speed and adjusts this signal based on the required rate at which the feeder is losing weight. The HI 4060 can communicate this information in real-time to a PLC or a PC to control the entire process.
The HI 4060 loss-in-weight rate controller features:
- Automatic closed-loop control: continuously adjusts the feeder to deliver the desired feed rate
- True five-point automatic rate calibration: produces high feed accuracy for a wide range of feed rates
- Multiple configuration storage: stores hundreds of different system configurations
- Automatic feeder refill: starts and stops refilling without interrupting the feeding of material
- Convenient manual mode: allows manual speed control, with a switch to automatic control at the touch of a button
- Various alarms, including rate tolerance and disturbance
- Embedded web server for remote access
- Communications: optional DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, Remote I/O, Profibus, Modbus TCP/IP, and Analog
The HI 4060 is a powerful building block when it comes to multiple feeder systems. It can act as a primary controller to multiple secondary controllers or as a secondary device to other HI 4060s, HI 4050s, or other process inputs.
The HI 4060 rate controller features the Hardy Process Toolbox, a set of productivity tools that support process weighing functions. Each tool saves time, increases accuracy, improves efficiency, or reduces risk in process weighing applications.
- WAVERSAVER® to eliminate the effects of surrounding vibration for fast, stable weight display
- C2® electronic calibration without test weights
- A Secure Digital (SD) Memory Module card for fast transfer of configuration data
- INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN® for system diagnostics and troubleshooting