Very High Speed, Intelligent Load Cell Interface Card with USB/RS232/RS485
The LCIC-WIM was designed to fit the most demanding real-time weighing and force measurement applications.
On the one hand, a very fast load cell interface allows users to capture the data at around 18,000 samples per second.
On the other hand, it is equipped with a powerful processor, 8 I/O, analog output and display that allows it to run embedded applications.
This is for customers that require real-time and immediate response.
Comes ready with embedded algorithms for these applications:
- WIM– Weighing Trucks & Trains in motion. Fits HS (high speed) and LS.
- LIW – Loss In Weight rate controller for continuous feeding to a process.
- Batching & Filling controller – Stand alone controller for high speed net-weight fillers. Example: Bag filling machine.
- Checkweigher – Makes the board a stand-alone controller that fits most common Checkweighers. It includes outputs for rejects.
- Force measurement & Monitoring forces – useful monitoring utility, a vital analyzing tool for all dynamic load and force measurement applications.
- High speed in-motion weighing controller – To weigh packages while passing over a conveyor.
- Very high speed; Internal A/D 52,000 samples per second
- Updating the PC at streaming mode at a rate of 18,000 samples per second
- 24 Bit A/D with ± 8 million counts for tension and compression applications
- Powerful 32 bit / 135 MIPS DSP for high speed onboard processing. OEM applications can be embedded on the board
- 4 opto-isolated outputs configurable as setpoints, latching alarms or user outputs
- 4opto-isolated inputs; Input #1 has counter option
- Analog output 0 to 2.5V,16 bit resolution
- 8 digit LED display, LEDS to show the board status and I/O status
- Easily updating of firmware, free to download from our web site
- On board temperature sensor
- USB Interface; 2.0 Full Speed compatible
- RS232/RS485 communications. Ideal for PLC based applications
- Multiple boards may be connected via USB or RS485
Specifications Load Cell input
- 5 Volt excitation for up to 10 load cells in parallel (350 Ohm)
- Compatible with 1,2,3 mV/V strain gage load cells
- Low noise wide bandwidth amplifier & 24 bit ADC
- Standard interfaces
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible
- Combined RS232/RS485.
- 4 opto-isolated solid state relays rated at 50V, 300mA Configurable as setpoints, latching alarms or user outputs. Each with status LED.
- Adjustable Analog output (0 – 2.5V) with 16 bit resolution.
- 4 opto-isolated inputs with 10-30 VDC range. Each with status LED
- Input #2 configurable as high speed counter
- Input #1 configurable as sample trigger (option)
- Standard OEM model 160 x 100mm (1/2 Eurocard)
- ABS cased (option) Standard OEM model 160 x 100mm (1/2 Eurocard)
- ABS cased (option)
- LCIC-WIM Calibration Wizard software is included with each board
- Drivers and examples for programmers on how to communicate with the board
- PC application software for an easy start-up for each one of our embedded applications
The LCIC-WIM Monitoring package utility – A vital tool for analyzing dynamic load/force applications
The graph was obtained with our monitoring utility, showing truck axles measured at 55 km/hr.