The Legal Metrology e-Learning Platform provides an accessible, comprehensive and interactive way of understanding the implementation of many common legal metrology activities.
The Platform was developed by the Intra-Africa Metrology System (AFRIMETS), the CARICOM Regional Organisation for Standards and Quality (CROSQ) and the International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML) and facilitated by the ACP-EU TBT Programme. It was funded by the European Union at the request of the African, Caribbean, and Pacific Group of States (ACP Group).
The overall objective of the e-Learning Platform is to provide a significant tool to enhance knowledge of metrology as an essential element of Quality Infrastructure (QI).
The following are more specific objectives and expected learning outcomes of the course:
- Provide an understanding of basic metrology concepts and terminology,
- Provide an understanding of legal metrology’s role for trade, health, medicine and environmental protection,
- Provide an understanding of legal metrology regulations in Europe and other regions,
- Provide an understanding of legal metrology’s role in ensuring mutual confidence in trade,
- Provide an understanding of the role of statistics in processing measurement results,
- Provide an understanding of the OIML Certification System,
- Provide an understanding of calibration and verification for a number of instruments.
The course is aimed at national standards bodies, national metrology institutes and legal metrology bodies, national accreditation bodies and conformity assessment bodies.
The course is also aimed at metrology experts, non-specialist decision-makers, public and private laboratories, quality control laboratories, standards bureaus, relevant ministries, the private sector and persons interested in metrology and legal metrology.
This is an online course that uses a self-study or self-paced learning approach to enable participants to access the content and self-assessment tests at any time.
The Legal Metrology e-Learning Platform is based on best practices, and the focus is placed on the learner.
Register and start the course – it’s free of charge!