Overloaded vehicles not only pose a risk to other road users, but also cause damage to roads and bridges. The Weigh In Motion (WIM) system KiTraffic Plus from Kistler is designed to efficiently support weight enforcement on the road. It automatically detects and identifies overloaded vehicles at various speeds and on an unlimited number of lanes using integrated cameras.
The automated weight enforcement data can be processed instantly roadside and made available in real-time. For example, fines for overloaded vehicles can be issued automatically and road safety can thus be increased. In addition, the system can be used to collect valuable data for infrastructure planning and help reduce public spending on road maintenance.
In addition, WIM systems from Kistler collect valuable data for infrastructure planning and help reduce government road maintenance expenses. Our equipment successfully copes with its task at many certified weight stations in many regions of Russia. We are constantly expanding the Weigh In Motion presence.
Automated Weight enforcement with the Weigh In Motion (WIM) system KiTraffic Plus:
- Accurate and reliable weighing of vehicles at any speed with an accuracy of up to 2.5% GVW
- Scalable for monitoring any number of lanes
- Unique quartz technology for excellent sensor stability and durability
- Fully automated identification of overloaded vehicles
- Easy integration into existing control systems
- OIML-R-134 certified and compliant with COST 323 & ASTM E1218-09