The APLMF stands for “Asia-Pacific Legal Metrology Forum”. It is a grouping of legal metrology authorities, whose objective is the development of legal metrology and the promotion of free and open trade in the region through the harmonization and removal of technical or administrative barriers to trade in the field of legal metrology. As one of the regional organizations working in close liaison with the OIML, the APLMF promotes communication and interaction among the legal metrology organizations and seeks harmonization of legal metrology in the Asia Pacific region.
APMP, APLAC, and APLMF are recognized by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), as Specialist Regional Bodies. Specialist Regional Bodies assist the APEC Sub-committee on Standards and Conformance to meet the objective of eliminating technical barriers to trade within the region.
APLMF’s objectives include:
- Developing mutual confidence between legal metrology services
- Achieving harmonization of legal metrology activities
- Promoting free and open trade in the region through the harmonization and removal of technical or administrative barriers to trade in the field of legal metrology
- Organising the exchange and interaction of information
- Promoting consistency of interpretation and application of normative documents and propose actions to facilitate implementation
- Identifying technical problems which might form the subject of collaborative projects
- Maintaining working links with other relevant bodies with an interest in legal metrology
- Debating trends and establishing criteria for the scope of legal metrology and maintaining channels for a continuous flow of knowledge
Whereas its purpose demonstrates of being established for build the capability of legal metrology authorities as well as increasing awareness of the economic and social benefits of Legal Metrology within Asia Pacific economies. APLMF is committed to supporting member economies within the Asia Pacific region that are aligned to the APEC goals.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the APLMF, click on the link provided below and check out the membership criteria: