NCWM stands for “National Conference on Weights and Measures”. It is a professional non-profit association of state and local weights and measures officials, federal agencies, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers. NCWM has developed national weights and measures standards since 1905. The organization brings the right interests together to keep pace with innovative advancements in the marketplace.
NCWM’s mission includes:
- Ensuring Equity and Uniform Standards in a Changing Marketplace.
- Developing uniform and equitable weights and measures standards to:
- Promote commerce and fair competition by levelling the playing field
- Ensure consumers “get what they pay for”
- Foster confidence in marketplace transactions
- Advance economic growth
Whereas its Vision is to “Make Every Marketplace Transaction Fair and Equitable”.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the NCWM, click on the link provided below and fill out the application form below: